Providing personalized quality legal services for decades
North Carolina Commercial Real Estate Lawyer
Our commercial real estate experience is extensive and ranges from leases to the acquisition, development and financing of commercial property for retail, office, or warehouse use. As an attorney with over 40 years of experience in commercial real property law, whether clients are involved in a strip mall or a warehouse complex, we provide them with proper legal guidance.
Commercial Acquisition and Leases:
We offer legal services and advice for every step of the process, which varies with every situation and deal. We handle negotiations, titles searches, closings, drafting and reviewing leases, and any other legal matters that are needed for a successful transaction.
We also have a substantial amount of experience in assisting clients with residential development projects. We handle the legal aspects of various types of residential development including everything from small subdivisions with just a few lots to large planned communities with hundreds of residences. These projects typically involve drafting restrictive covenants or condominium declarations and setting up homeowners' associations.
Advising Homeowners’ Associations:
Many homeowners' association look to our office for assistance with governance and enforcement issues and for the drafting and updating of covenants and bylaws. We also assist our clients in resolving any disputes that may arise.
- Represented European laboratory instruments equipment company in the acquisition and development of its US headquarters in North Carolina
- Represented developer in the acquisition of acreage and its development into a Chapel Hill planned community of 350 residences, including drafting restrictive covenants
- Represented developer in the acquisition and development and sale of various retail properties across North Carolina
- Represented investment group in the acquisition and assemblage of land for long term investment and future development
- Represented owner in converting an office building into a condominium building and the sale of individual office units
- Represented borrower in the simultaneous refinancing of multiple commercial properties located in various North Carolina counties
- Represented owner in converting warehouse complex into a condominium building and sale and leasing of units
- Reviewed commercial real estate leases for many retail clients in shopping centers throughout North Carolina and provided guidance on how to improve the lease terms
- Represented condominium association in updating of declaration and bylaws
- Represented various homeowners’ associations in complying with legal requirements for collection of dues
- Represented land owners in sale of Chapel Hill real estate to national builder for high density development
- Represented developer in development, approval, construction and financing of luxury hotel
- Represented developer in acquisition, renovation and financing of multiple office buildings in urban redevelopment area
- Acted as title counsel on refinancing of high-rise office tower
- Acted as local title counsel for construction financing of large apartment complex